donderdag 28 mei 2015

Nadya 184




"You were talking about my honors title as a lady behind crystal veil, remember? But your Lady is the real ambassador. I could see that her glasses are quite strong but she was not bothered by that at all. There was nothing handicapped about her. To be honest, I clean forgot about her strong glasses within a minute. I hope you don't mind me asking this. Was she always that confident?"

"I can only speak about the past seven years. When I met her, she was down to earth, but not really confident about her glasses. I had the impression that she was not sure whether I would like a lady in such strong glasses or not. Of course, I reassured her straightaway when she mentioned her bad eyesight. I simply told her that I liked her in glasses and that was it. But I clearly remember one occasion, a few months later, when one of her daughters threw at her that nobody in town was wearing such strong glasses. It's one of the few moments she stood head down, avoiding eye contact. She said, that is true. Of course, I jumped in and told the daughter that there are many women with much higher prescriptions and that there was nothing extreme about her mother's glasses"

"And what made your Lady change her opinion? What gave her the confidence I saw?"

"Good question. Looking back, I think it was encouragement and support. A gentle push from my side. We did a bit of a photo shoot using vintage glasses around her own prescription, just for fun. But she was enthusiast when she saw the pictures. It seemed as if she saw new horizons. So many styles that suited her. Then I started ordering new glasses, fitted with lenses in her own prescription so she could assess the effect of modern frames on her looks. Before we met, she never had more than one pair of glasses because they were so expensive. She really gained confidence as soon as she had several pairs. I don't need to tell you how important it is for a woman to have a choice in the morning. Outfit of the day and all the rest of it"

"So the way she saw it, her glasses were the only non-optional element in her wardrobe when you met her. And she felt limited, is that it?"

"Yes, I think so. On the other hand, perhaps not quite now I come to think of it. On our first date, she excused herself for a moment and when she came back, she was wearing a different pair of glasses. I was surprised and made her a huge compliment. She was in yet another pair of glasses at our second date. And another surprise at the third date, again a different pair. And then she revealed her secret. It was really the same pair of glasses but each time fitted with clips in different colors. All she needed to do was click on a new clip and off you go. You should have seen the triumph on her face when she showed me the trick with the clips"

"So your Lady was not really limited in her choice when you met her. But that does not answer my question. What gave her the confidence later on?"

"Well, it had to do with the size and shape of the frames. The trick with the clips was nice but the shape and the size of the frame was always the same. Nowadays she can experiment with every style under the sun, the same way she does with her outfits"

"So I take that your advice to me would be that if I decide to get myself a pair of glasses, the best way is to buy several pairs instead of just one pair"

"Exactly"

"Food for thought. You told me that these blue cat eye glasses are the perfect pair for me. And it really felt that way. In fact, it still feels that way. To be honest, there is a bit of a shadow hanging over me, Lord Lentilux. I already feel sad about the prospect of having to part with these cat eye glasses. And now you are telling me that there is no such thing as the perfect glasses. Help me out if you can"

"Well, Lady Lentilux always has a favorite pair but she uses several other pairs if she is in the mood for variation. You could do it the same way"  


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten