donderdag 21 mei 2015

Nadya 096



"These glasses are not easy to adjust to, but I think it's fine now. I can see you clearly but far away, like through a tunnel. May I ask, what do you know about the prescription?"

"These glasses and the previous pair have exactly the prescription of Lady Lentilux. Around minus twelve. From time to time I order new glasses so she can decide whether she likes them or not. If she likes a pair, I order it for her again, fitted with progressive lenses"

"Excuse me for asking, but is your Lady visually handicapped in any way? I hope this is not an impertinent question"

"Not at all. She is well able to drive a car, even at night. And she is a very active lady, fond of various sports. She even ran the half marathon a few times in recent years"

"And all this in glasses? No contact lenses?"

"Always in glasses. She used to wear contact lenses but was forced to give them up because of dry eyes, fifteen years ago. She told me that she did not like to switch back to glasses but there was no real alternative. She did not like the tiny retro frames of those days either. I met her about seven years ago and she tried on several pairs of my magic glasses. It was a real eye opener to her. She liked some of the large frames from the past. Nowadays, she never goes to an optician for new glasses. And she has become really appreciative about her glasses. She says that they hide her wrinkles. Rather tiny eyes than wrinkles"

"That is an amazing story. I'm glad to hear that she is not handicapped at all. Except of course when she does not have her glasses on, I suppose"

"Believe it or not, she is well able to go for a long swim in the sea without her glasses. The first time I saw her doing that, it was incredible. She came back to the beach and walked straight towards me"

"How on earth did she manage? I mean, the massive blur and all that. Were you the only people on the beach? Or did she call where you were?"

"The beach was full of people and neither of us called. I was amazed and asked her how she managed it. She told me that she had looked around before taking off her glasses. So she had the general picture in mind and she walked towards the right color pattern after swimming"

"Sounds like you found yourself a formidable lady. I like her phrase, rather tiny eyes than wrinkles. If I had to choose between strong glasses and wrinkles, I would definitely go for the strong glasses"

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten