zondag 9 november 2014

Iris 038



Da Vinci was - perhaps still is - a brand from Roma which first caught my attention in 1983. My then wife needed new glasses after an increase in her prescription and we bought a grey pair by Da Vinci for her. Like Rodenstock and some other companies, Da Vinci gave girl's names to their glasses. My guess is that the "Doris" glasses shown here by Iris were made a couple of years before the pair chosen by my ex-wife. During the early 1980's, thinner and sometimes more refined frames appeared on the market. The "Doris" glasses look more like what was offered in the shops before the new trend. Like several other pairs shown by Iris, the "Doris" glasses were featured in two previous photo shoots, with Karen (141) and Jolien (005). Both models have a prescription of minus two, just like Iris. It was nice to dig up many almost forgotten glasses from my collection and even nicer to see that Iris clearly liked them.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten