donderdag 24 oktober 2013

Juliette 095 - 096




This portrait of Juliette in Christian Olivier glasses shows her from an unusual vantage point. Contrary to the thumb rule of most photographers, I usually take portraits slightly from below. This is a deliberate choice, for two reasons. The vast majority of the glasses in my collection look more flattering when full justice is done to the eyebrow line. My second motive is that I like portraying models as independent ladies with a strong mind of their own: "Alright, I'm blind as a bat, but I'm wearing my glasses with pride, take it or leave it". This portrait is simply taken to show the difference. The Christian Olivier glasses with their big frame really lend themselves for portraits from all vantage points.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten