donderdag 23 juni 2016

Xenia 007



Glasses: Rodenstock (Young Look 138), late 1980's
[L=R: -1.50]

...................................................................................................................

When Lord Lentilux returned to the beach, he was delighted that the young lady had waited for him.

"I'm sorry Xenia, it took a bit longer to find the lenses and the glasses"

"There is no need to apologize, My Lord. I appreciate what you are doing on my behalf. You even brought a small suitcase to the beach"

Lord Lentilux opened the suitcase and it contained no less than four pizza calzone boxes. He opened one of the boxes.

"On top in this box are half a dozen vintage glasses that may be of interest to you. I'm afraid that none of them are exactly what I measured, but some may come fairly close. And these are all frames that might suit you. Here is an old hand mirror. Which pair would you like to try first?"

"I think I'll go for this red and white pair"

"Excellent choice. There is a romantic story attached to these glasses. But tell me first what you see through them"

"Better than without glasses but less than what I saw through that horrible test frame". She checked her looks in the hand mirror. "Nice, really nice. They suit my outfit and the nails. Nobody wears anything like these. You said vintage, how old is vintage?"

"Nearly thirty years ago"

"That's pretty amazing. Now tell me about the romantic story. I love a good romantic story"

"They belonged to a beautiful tall blonde lady in Holland. They were her very first glasses but she did not wear them often. Vanity.... She met a handsome boy and their first date was going to the cinema. When the lights went out and the movie started, they looked at each other and laughed. All of a sudden, they were both in glasses. It was love at first sight. They married several years later and eventually had two fine daughters. One of the couple's  marriage vows was that their first glasses from the cinema would always remain together. I met the family seven years ago and when she heard about my glasses collection, she called to the house to see it and she was delighted. A few years later she came to see me again and she donated me both cinema glasses. Of course I had to promise to keep them together"

"You passed the test, My Lord. That's a nice, romantic story. Can you take a picture of me in these glasses?"

"With pleasure". He produced a tiny camera and snapped. "Now how about trying another pair?"

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten