dinsdag 14 juni 2016

Nefeli 139



The famous Silhouette company from Austria started its activities in 1964 and they had their international breakthrough in the early 1970's. Silhouette and Christian Dior were the top brands of the 1970's and 1980's.
Five years ago I contacted Silhouette and they kindly met my request to supply the year in which some of the 100 Silhouette glasses in my collection were made. Unfortunately the pair shown here by Nefeli was not among the glasses they could put a year on. For many years, Silhouette only stamped a serial number on each frame but I'm not sure if they did this from the very start. The serial number 35 makes these glasses the earliest stamped Silhouette in my collection. Judging by the style, frame colour and size my educated guess is that the glasses were made around 1969.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten