dinsdag 6 januari 2015

Iris 186



A century ago, all glasses were tiny and this inspired the retro fashion of the 1990's and 2000's. The reason why I brought along these antique steel glasses for the photo shoot with Iris is that they might make a fine blend with the shape of her eyebrows and eyes.
Some eight years ago, I brought the oldest pair in my collection (made circa 1860) to a local optician called Danel and he fitted the frame with lenses in my prescription for reading. He had a keen interest in this unusual job and he even chose the way it was done in bygone days without charging any extra cost. When I went to the shop to pick up the glasses, his young wife was with him. I brought along several other antique glasses to show him. They were both quite interested and I mentioned that the steel glasses shown here by Iris might be near her prescription. She put her own glasses on a table, took the antique glasses, put them up, looked in the mirror and exclaimed "These are lovely and I can see perfectly through them!". Then she danced all around the shop and finally handed me the glasses. This was a very nice moment and it came back to me when seeing all these lovely portraits of Iris wearing the same pair of antique glasses.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten