zondag 18 mei 2014

Juliette 268 - 269




How to deal with a giant increase in your prescription? (9)

"Some of my friends asked about my glasses.... I simply said, oh it's only an increase but the main thing is that I could keep the same frame. You know that I always liked this frame very much. And then our talks went into a different direction. But there was one brief talk that really made my day. A schoolboy, the son of my neighbours across the street, stopped when he saw me and guess what? He said, I really like how you look in your new glasses.... they look like crystal.... like a crystal veil. He was a bit shy, just like I was at his age. Perhaps he was practicing how to chat up a girl, but I could feel that he meant what he said. I replied to him, thank you, that's a real sweet compliment. From now on I will call my glasses my crystal veil!"

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten