woensdag 16 maart 2016

Cat 009



Jardin Villemin is only a small park but nevertheless a quiet oasis in the always busy central part of Paris. It's mainly used by the citizens living in the neighbourhood and I have the impression that there once was a substantial Jewish community in this part of Paris. A little plaque in the park remembers the visitors of the deportation and subsequent fate of this community during the second World War. Being born and bred in Amsterdam shortly after the war, I was moved by the simple phrase "We will never forget".  

In our correspondence, Cat and I had discussed other locations but eventually we agreed to do meet in the quiet lobby of my hotel. It was 36 years since my latest visit to Paris and I was worried that we might not find each other at a crowded meeting point.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten