donderdag 3 maart 2016

Sonia 126



Quiet, concentrated posing by Sonia in big, chunky glasses by Zenni. One of the thumb rules for a good photo shoot is: "The more a model likes a specific pair of glasses, the better the results". Sonia knew she was on safe ground during her posing in this series.

"Big and chunky, the bigger and chunkier the better" was the answer of Irish star model Sohaila when I asked if she had any preferences regarding frame styles for her up coming photo shoot in 2013. Sohaila was annoyed by the monotony of retro frames in Dublin optician's shops and this was one of the motives for her application to do a photo shoot with me. It is my habit to ask new models well beforehand if they have any preferences. Being long familiar with my project and approach, Sonia did not mention any favourite styles. There was no need. I had been a follower of Sonia's great weblog for several years and her excellent video clips on You Tube gave me valuable information about the posing style and variety in expression that might be expected. Even her PD (63) was almost exactly what I had bargained for. Never was the selection of glasses for a photo shoot with a new model easier than it was for Sonia. When we discovered each other from a distance at the meeting point, there was no need for observation or first impressions. It was as if I had known her for ages and the only minor barrier was my lack of practice in a conversation in French.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten