donderdag 10 maart 2016

Anna 071



Anna produced a little smile for her final portrait in the Rodenstock glasses. Professional models receive a thorough training and one of the rules is to avoid smiling during photo shoots. I first heard this from one of Ireland's best models, three years ago. Her name was Sohaila and she posed at a breakneck speed. Each new pose was an authoritative statement. At some stage in this tremendous silent flow, I asked for a little smile. Her answer was brief but clear: "I never smile at photo shoots". After the photo shoot, we had a meal in a nearby restaurant and Sohaila became talkative about her profession. A tip from the curtain.... The talk was just as valuable to me as her excellent photo shoot. She smiled a lot backstage and told me about the professional ban on smiles during photo shoots. Anyway, I was happy to see Anna smile - contrary to the rules of professionalism or not.  

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten