maandag 13 juni 2016

Nefeli 093



Excellent, credible posing by Nefeli in myodisc glasses made 55 years ago. A real time machine!

The beehive hairstyle was introduced in 1960 and it soon became quite popular. Famous female music groups like the Supremes and especially the Ronettes contributed to the popularity of the beehive. The style remained popular throughout the 1960's. In my native Amsterdam, the younger generation dropped it around 1966 but the style was used by many middle aged ladies until the early 1970's and even by some until the mid 1980's. The famous singer Amy Winehouse (1983 - 2011) reintroduced the beehive hairstyle. There is a funny anecdote about singer Ronnie Spector who came across a picture of Amy in a newspaper and exclaimed "I don't know her, I never met her, but when I saw that pic, I thought it was me! But then I found out that it was Amy. I didn't have on my glasses".

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten